"Certainly, there is an excellent example for you in the Messenger of Allah, for him who looks forward to Allah and the Last Day, and remembers Allah much." [33:21]
The Seerah (Prophetic Biography) module is designed to acquaint students with the life and noble teachings of the Prophet Muhammad with its primary and secondary sources. Students will trace the life history of our beloved prophet Muhammad in Makka from the days before the advent of Islam; known as the time of ignorance, to the different phases of revelation and prophet-hood.
Upon successful completion of this level, students will be able to:
- Better understand the Qur'an. The Quran is a very profound book and it cannot be understood without context. Where needed, Seerah provides the context
- To have comprehensive knowledge about the Prophet like knowing his lineage, his birth, his early life, and the methods he adopted in his Da‘wah (Islamic call) at the beginning of his mission. This kind of knowledge brings one closer to the Prophet and fills one’s heart with love for him.
- To know his way of dealing with all matters
- To learn about the miracles of the Prophet - something that strengthens a person's faith and makes it increase.
- Also learn about the lives of the companions
- Understand the sufferings and sacrifices of the companions
- To know the authentic citations of the Prophet in order to distinguish them from those that are inauthentic. In this way, the Seerah of the Prophet will remain as pure as it was originally and will remain free from any exaggeration or fabrication.