Allah Most High says, “I have not created jinn-kind nor mankind for any purpose other than to worship Me.” (Qur’an, 51:56) This module provides comprehensive and knowledge-based answers to all of the questions that students are likely to face in their worship to Allah, the Most High, all in light of a formal textbook in Hanafi law that students have used for centuries.
This module covers the necessary aspects of the Islamic law of personal worship from the five pillars of Islam. Students will study ritual purification (taharah), the daily prescribed prayers (salah), purifying alms (zakah), fasting during the month of Ramadan (sawm) and the major pilgrimage (hajj); together with the textual evidences and principles of fiqh for these rulings. The Hanafi School of law will be the main school of law taught on this module, however, views and evidences from the Shafi’i, Maliki and Hanbali schools of law will also be discussed.
About the Text:
Mukhtasar al-Quduri is one of the most celebrated and influential treatises in any Islamic legal school and it is the foundation for the Hanafi school of law. It is both the first source for scholars and a manual for the general reader.
About the Author:
The author of Mukhtasar al-Quduri, the Hanafi jurist Abul-Husayn al-Quduri, was born in Baghdad in 362 A.H. / 973 C.E. and died on Sunday 5th Rajab 428 A.H. /1037 C.E. aged 66. Ibn Khallikan, Ibn Kathir, Ibn al-Jawzi (and others) considered him to be an utterly truthful hadith narrator (saduq) – which is a testament to his knowledge and memory in the field of hadith studies. He was one of the verifiers of the most authentic positions (ashab al-tarjih) in the Hanafi School of law, which is one of the highest levels one can attain.
Upon successful completion of this level, students will be able to:
- Understand the rules of purification and prayer that students are likely to encounter in their daily life.
- Understand the Islamic law related to the five pillars of Islam
- Understand the principles that govern these rulings
- Be dynamic with the modern challenges through deep understanding of the principles of fiqh
- Wiping over Footgear
- Filth, Types of Water
- Cleaning after Relieving oneself (Instinja)
- and more…..
- Prayer Times
- Conditions of Prayer
- Components of Prayer
- Invalidators of Prayer
- The Travellers Prayer and various other type of Prayers
- Makeup Prayer
- Different types of prostration
- The Funeral Prayer and Burial Rituals (practical workshop)
- and more…
- Concept of Moonsighting
- Rules of Fasting
- Fasting in Ramadan
- Other Types of Fasts
- and more….
- Recipients of Zakah
- Who has to pay Zakah
- Zakah calculation (workshop)
- and more…
- An interactive and detailed workshop on how to perform Hajj and Umrah….
- Mukhtasar al-Quduri by Imam al-Quduri (Module Code: FQH - 101)