Aqeedah & Logic
Theology (‘Aqidah) covers all beliefs and belief systems of Muslims, including sectarian differences and points of contention. Though theology is the cornerstone of the Islamic religion, it is often quite misunderstood by Muslims themselves in a modern era where classical works are neglected and atheism is on the rise. Through detailed study and memorization of classical texts and proofs, as well as a study of Logic (Mantiq) and Philosophy, students become vested to navigate the landscape of polemics and inter- and intra-religious discussion with sound logic, perspective and recourse to original material.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals and elements of Islam
- Will be able to expound the principles and characteristics of Tawhid
- Discuss the challenges arising from within the Muslim Ummah
- Gain access to the correct terms and their usage within the specific discipline
- ‘Aqidah al-Tahawiyyah by Imam al-Tahawi
- The Attributes of God: Daf' Shubah al-Tashbih bi-Akaff al-Tanzih by Ibn al-Jawzi