A comprehensive part-time program in the Essential Islamic Sciences. This level is 38 weeks in duration and consists of 3 terms. Ideal for adults and children above the age of 16.
The Intermediate Level in Classical Arabic and Islamic Disciplines is designed to enhance and build upon the modules studied in the Foundation Level. The year-long course forms the third level of Madina’s 4-year Islamic Studies Ijazah Programme. Students will be educated in both classical and contemporary perspectives, thereby cultivating a comprehensive understanding of the religion in the modern era. Students are able to enter the programme at this level directly, conditional on the receipt of satisfactory references and Islamic education history.
Students who successfully complete the Intermediate Level (including written assignments and examinations) will be awarded a Level 3 Ijazah(Diploma) in Islamic Studies.
This program will focus on the foundational Islamic Sciences, primarily:
- Fiqh (Jurisprudence)
- Quranic Sciences
- Principles of Hadith
- Usul-ul-Fiqh (Foundations of Jurisprudence)
- To develop a distinguished Islamic personality, firmly rooted in a holistic understanding of Islam & its various sciences, with an understanding of the intents and objectives of Islamic law, and trained in the purification of the soul and the spiritual sciences.
- To create & prepare specialists in Jurisprudence & its Foundations, Qur’anic & Sunnah Sciences through examining contemporary dynamics and ways in which our vast tradition deal with modernity & contemporary issues.
- To convey the appropriate knowledge that is responsive to the demands of contemporary Islamic society in the fields of instruction, propagation, social and spiritual guidance and manifesting their academic legacy.
- To produce a group of outstanding students who will be qualified to pursue postgraduate studies in the areas of Quranic Sciences, Hadith & Sunnah Sciences, Fiqh, Usul-ul-Fiqh, Aqeedah & Logic, Spirituality & Arabic.
SCHEDULE & TUITION FEES
The program consists of three semesters:
Semester 1: September - December (12 weeks)
Breaks: Christmas Holidays
Semester 2: January - April (14 weeks)
Breaks: Easter & Ramadan Holidays
Semester 3: May - July (12 weeks)
Our goal is to make this program accessible to all and for this reason we’ve kept the program costs to a minimum with flexible payment options.
Tuition & Fees : £750 per annum
Note: Financial Aid is currently only available to qualifying applicants and are granted based on the order they are received and the availability of funds