A comprehensive part-time programme in the Essential Islamic Sciences. This level is a year in duration and consists of 2 terms. Ideal for adults and children above the age of 16.
The Intermediate Level in Classical Arabic and Islamic Disciplines is designed to enhance and build upon the modules studied in the Foundation Level. The year-long course forms the second level of Madina’s 3-year Islamic Scholarship Programme. Students will be educated in both classical and contemporary perspectives, thereby cultivating a comprehensive understanding of the religion in the modern era. Students are able to enter the programme at this level directly, conditional on the receipt of satisfactory references and Islamic education history.
Students who successfully complete the Intermediate Level (including written assignments and examinations) will be awarded a Level 2 Diploma in Islamic Scholarship.
This program will focus on the foundational Islamic Sciences, primarily:
- Quranic Sciences
- Hadith Sciences
- Fiqh (Jurisprudence)
- Usul-ul-Fiqh (Foundations of Jurisprudence)
- Aqeedah & Logic
- Seerah & History
- To develop a distinguished Islamic personality, firmly rooted in a holistic understanding of Islam & its various sciences, with an understanding of the intents and objectives of Islamic law, and trained in the purification of the soul and the spiritual sciences.
- To create & prepare specialists in Jurisprudence & its Foundations, Qur’anic & Sunnah Sciences through examining contemporary dynamics and ways in which our vast tradition deal with modernity & contemporary issues.
- To convey the appropriate knowledge that is responsive to the demands of contemporary Islamic society in the fields of instruction, propagation, social and spiritual guidance and manifesting their academic legacy.
- To produce a group of outstanding students who will be qualified to pursue postgraduate studies in the areas of Quranic Sciences, Hadith & Sunnah Sciences, Fiqh, Usul-ul-Fiqh, Aqeedah & Logic, Spirituality & Arabic.
SCHEDULE & TUITION FEES
The programme consists of two semesters:
Semester 1: September - January
Breaks: Christmas Holidays
Semester 2: February - July
Breaks: Ramadan Holidays
Our goal is to make this programme accessible to all and for this reason we’ve kept the programme costs to a minimum with flexible payment options.
Tuition & Fees : £899 per annum