Spirituality (Tazkiyah) as a science has many titles, such as Tazkiyah (purification of the soul) or Tasawwuf (Sufism) but usually goes misunderstood not only by the Muslim masses but also by claimed practitioners. Courses in Islamic Spirituality take a balanced and academic approach to the subject as a science taken directly from source texts and outlining the specific methodologies and interpretations in light of the Shari’ah.
The lessons on Spirituality are covered over spiritual retreats organised over the year.
- Gain a better understanding of human spiritual dimensions
- Gain knowledge of the functions and connections between the inner and outer dimensions of the self
- Devise a practical “plan of action” for acquiring spirituality
- Understanding how to be in the presence of Allah
- Gain an understanding of classical Tasawwuf from the Quran, Prophetic Traditions along with the exemplary behavior of the ascetics and saints
- Extracts from Hikam of Ibn Ata'illah with the commentary of Ibn Abbad